Smart’s IT project gives members the opportunity to build confi dence and skills working with computers, smartphones, and tablets. Come and talk to us about using your computer, tablet, or phone. Or study independently for the European Computer Driving License (ECDL) qualifi cation at a discount rate.
Work towards the European Computer Driving License (ECDL) on any of the computers at the Smart Café – or anywhere! We’ll start you on a self-paced course you can work on independently. If you’re anxious, we can help you build confidence as you get started.
• Once you have started the course, you can log in from any computer that has an internet connection and continue working at your own pace.
• The ECDL is a group of course modules that teach you how to:
o Use a computer safely without falling victim to viruses or malware;
o Use the internet; and
o Use word processing, spreadsheet and database software.
• The course is a great way to increase confidence using your own computer or to gain the skills you’ll need to use a computer or technology device in a work setting.
• You’ll have a whole year to complete the course.
• Cost to members: £5.00 (discounted from £99.00).
Technology Time IT Clinic
Monday mornings from 10:00 – 11:00, come in with questions about using information technology.
Bring your own device – we’ll look at your phone, tablet, or computer with you. Or just come in with questions and practice using the computers available here. It’s free!
Taking an ECDL course with us? Come in and tell us how it’s going or ask questions about any aspect of the course.